cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgraded but shows as additional line?

Cal123
Explorer

I got confirmation that my current contract will end early July so I logged onto my ee account and got a phone upgrade and a different plan for when this one ends.

However, the email confirmation of my new phone days it's an additional line! I don't want an additional line, I just wanted a new contract and phone for when this one ends! 

What's going to happen and what do I do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cal123   you need to call customer services to see if you can cancel this order.  If you can’t just refuse delivery and the device will go back to EE or if you take delivery of the device you need call customer services and inform them that you don’t want the device you’ll be instructed on how to return it back to EE.   When you go to your account you need to make sure that you are upgrading and not taking out a new contract as that is what you have done. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cal123   you need to call customer services to see if you can cancel this order.  If you can’t just refuse delivery and the device will go back to EE or if you take delivery of the device you need call customer services and inform them that you don’t want the device you’ll be instructed on how to return it back to EE.   When you go to your account you need to make sure that you are upgrading and not taking out a new contract as that is what you have done. 

Thanks! I've phoned them this morning, they've cancelled the phone, put the plan through as an upgrade and sent through another phone of the same type which should turn up tomorrow. 

All sorted by a very helpful advisor. He said I'm not the only person that's done this, the website is maybe a little confusing. 

A good experience.