cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simply tragic

pl22
Explorer

After 20+ years a customer (121, organe, ee),  and even agreeing to pay additional monthly charge to get data gifting enabled for my daughters line after it was lost during a handset uograde last year, and after speaking to EE on multiple occasions over many months where they reassured me it was fixed (required a plan upgrade on the 3rd call to them on this and well as tgis latest one), my daughter calls this morning neededing more data to buy a bus ticket back to university because all booths at the coach station were closed - online only and no reputable wifi within reach.  She stranded, I tried... to no avaial: no gift option for her yet again!.  Only this time they even removed my Wife too. 

Contacted EE, once successful swerving of their hard sell on broadband was achieved (40 mimutes! read: shameful), and after 2 hours of calls they assured me it was all sorted including an upgrade for my son.  Turning their app off and on, my Wife reappeared like magic.  But, daughter not.   Then my daughter contatcs me saying they've removed her insurance and warranty.

She has butter fingers, hence why we bought insurance for her when taking the handset last August - once bitten twice shy.  Now they will not reinstate the insurance because the handset is > 90 days old.

Locked in, forced to spend another hour+ negotiating with their helpdesk.  They then callcelled everything without me giving them the green light to do so, and promptly hung on the phone. 

Through in the towel...

Going to get a cheaper deal elsewhere.   However, having negotiatied an upgrade and sim only plan on the earlier call - further call to EE, EE are now refusing to give me a PAC code for the sim only deal.  The upgrade was cancelled right away and PAC code received,  as well as for one other line.

So frustrating after spending time failing to get any action through their new call back system (links perpetually fails), then navigating the maze of their auto-attendant to do something as simple as talk to a human and fix data gifting and action one handset upgrade.

3 of our 5 lines are out of contract.  Hours in, no PAC code for 3 of 2... do not know why they are withholding - bank holiday monday wasted enduring EE's abject failure to allow data gifting, and now to rub salt into the wound they are standing hardline to contract on the remaining 2 lines (excluding the line they agreed to cancel but have so far failed to delivera PAC). They have **bleep**ed me away and want me to pay for the ordeal.  Simply Shocking.

Now looking the move 5 lines as quickly as possible to a customer ccentric company.

Oh dear EE, you haveclearly  inherited the renowned BT customer service following the merger.  God bless, I feel for you.  Kevin Bacon can't save this customer.

Get in bed with this company if you want a nightmare should they mess anything up.  Good luck all!

2 REPLIES 2
pl22
Explorer

Update:  after posting they awared me a "conversation starter" badge.... feels like bare faced cheek to me.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Tricky to comment without knowing any of the specifics behind why data gifting was problematic, but there's a hint of this being plan-related. Data gifting is not enabled by design on No Frills plans.

The rest of this post feels like a typical customer service complaint which all operators suffer from sometimes, but EE statistically less so.

Your forum badges are a standard feature of all internet fora, particularly for new users.