Mobile Services

Discussion about Mobile services, like roaming, calls, messaging etc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Emergency Alert System

The UK Government is introducing Emergency alerts.  Emergency Alerts are a public information service that the Government has developed to alert citizens to emergencies, both nationwide and in their local area, that represent a severe threat to life ...

Sean_D by Former EE Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful

France roaming - network partners/agreements?

Whilst roaming in France, will an EE SIM automatically 'seek out' any preferred roaming network over another? I seem to have read that EE's 'network partner' is BOUYGUES which where I plan to go has a very weak signal, whereas SFR and FREE have a muc...

Sirly by Investigator
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Helpful

PAYG blocked abroad

Hi,My PAYG phone number is blocked abroad.  I have used this simcard and phone number in the UK for over a year so it has been activated. I had called EE before leaving and was told roaming would work.I have been able to receive calls and text messag...

barnye by Investigator
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! Sim locked while abroad

Hello, I’ve been outside of the UK for almost a year. Due to Covid19, I can’t come back to the UK and have been staying in Vietnam since March 2019. Therefore, I’ve rarely used my contact number to make any serviced. I had been charging monthly with ...

Pham98 by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Resolved! PAYG customer trying to roam in Oz

Hi I am in Australia, I am a UK PAYG customer. I wanted to purchase a data add on - your website advertises 250MB (use in 7 days) for £20 but on my app and myee page I can only by 300MB for £25. I want to purchase 250MB for £20 - how can I do this? I...

eah785 by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Helpful

How to switch to EE whilst in Jersey

Please help.  I have been with EE payg for years and use it in the U.K. and Jersey. My husband is with Virgin payg but it no longer functions in Jersey. He wants to switch to EE but how to do this please? There are no EE shops in Jersey. I believe EE...

Kaf26 by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Helpful

ROI based with UK number - intermittent roaming issues

Hi, Hoping someone can help me here. I’m based in the south of Ireland with a UK mobile business contract. I have full international calls / roaming unrestricted and can call all normal Irish mobiles and landlines. However occasionally for whatever r...

DeclanC1 by Investigator
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! Activated PAYG in UK does not work abroad

Hello, I've bought PAYG SIM card for 5 GBP (pound) and activated it in UK by sending SMS message to 150. I had 50 MB and 1 GBP on my account (so called 'Talk Pack').I've travelled abroad (EU 1st zone).I've topped up my account with 30 GBP to buy 60 G...

LB19 by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful

I lost my 4g

HelloIam abroad now and I lost my network connection this morning I top up my number but to no avail

Loyalone by Investigator
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful

New pay as you go sim doesn't let me call

I have bought a pay as you go sim card to use while I am abroad. I set it all up fine and topped it up, but when I try to make a call it rings once and then the call cuts off so I am not even able to ring 150. How can I solve this issue?

Resolved! PAYGO sim abroad not working

Good evening, I moved abroad (Netherlands) and wanted to keep my UK number. So I requested a switch from contract to PAYGO. The switch was completed yesterday. I used £20 credit to buy texts, calls and data. Even so, I can't call, text or use any dat...

Fotis by Investigator
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Helpful