Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROI based with UK number - intermittent roaming issues

DeclanC1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me here.

I’m based in the south of Ireland with a UK mobile business contract. I have full international calls / roaming unrestricted and can call all normal Irish mobiles and landlines.

However occasionally for whatever reason my phone refuses to call Irish selected mobile numbers even though I was able to calm them previously without issue. 

I must state that the person / people I am calling have no phone / signal issues to cause this. Once it happens I cannot call them anymore and have to use WhatsApp.

anyone got an idea how this would happen?

Dec

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @DeclanC1

Thanks for coming to the community.

Do you hear a recorded message when you try and call the mobile numbers?

Can you text the numbers?

How often does this happen?

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne,

it’s very odd to be honest. I don’t hear a recorded message and if I did it would suggest I had an incorrect country code. What happens is that I try to call a number and I just get 3 beep and the call stops. 

The frustrating aspect is that I could previously call the exact same number and now it’s like it’s blocked and can only call via WhatsApp.

I can text the numbers perfectly. It happens once a month with a new number however once that new number is called/failed call I cannot call it any more 

This may be one for the EE technical team to look at.

Leanne_T

Hi @DeclanC1

Thanks for coming back to me.

Have you tried selecting a different network when this happens?

Thanks.

Leanne.

Hi Leanne

I have tried to connect to a different network to test it however I cannot join the other providers networks.

It is picking up Eir/Meteor as the EE partner and have tried to connect manually to Vodafone and Three however not able to connect.

Leanne_T

Thanks @DeclanC1

In this case, I would suggest getting in touch with our Business team they will be able to get this looked into further for you.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.