cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

France roaming - network partners/agreements?

Sirly
Investigator
Investigator

Whilst roaming in France, will an EE SIM automatically 'seek out' any preferred roaming network over another?

I seem to have read that EE's 'network partner' is BOUYGUES which where I plan to go has a very weak signal, whereas SFR and FREE have a much stronger one (closer mast).

Or will I need to always 'manually switch' and select another network?

Indeed, does EE currently have agreements with all of the other French providers (SFR, FREE, ORANGE) and is this also for 4G where available? And if so, are these 'agreements' negotiated into the medium term future no the Brexit transition period is over?

Many thanks for any clarification, and any experiences are most welcome..

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sirly,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Your phone will automatically connect to a roaming partner that is available in the local area. This will include 4G when available.

Our customers continue to enjoy inclusive roaming when they travel to the EU. The Brexit outcome hasn’t affected this.

James

Thanks @James_B 

I was perhaps more wondering how well say SFR is served 'over' BOUYGUES/ORANGE?

For example, if in my situation, I'm near(ish) an SFR mast (which has some 4G in the right conditions) and less near a BOUYGUES or ORANGE mast (both without any 4G)? Will an EE SIM 'select' the B/O signals 'over' the SFR as they have more established agreements?

Signals can be quite frustrating in rural areas, and different operator signals often 'creep in' when roaming.. Or will I always have to tap into my settings and update my preference to the SFR (sometimes with 4G)..?

Thanks again in advance.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sirly

We recommend using one of our Roaming Partners for the country your in

If other networks are available and you are able to successfully connect then you can use this also. 

Katie 🙂