Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG blocked abroad

barnye
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

My PAYG phone number is blocked abroad. 

I have used this simcard and phone number in the UK for over a year so it has been activated. I had called EE before leaving and was told roaming would work.

I have been able to receive calls and text messages but have been unable to make them.

I have been unable to contact EE because I can't text or call and the live chat won't work. I was also unable to contact my bank to unblock my credit card because I couldn't make a call. EE have left me stranded.

Is there anything I can do to sort this out?

14 REPLIES 14
barnye
Investigator
Investigator

I have tried restarting my phone and manually trying other networks – no joy

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@barnye wrote:

I have used this simcard and phone number in the UK for over a year

During which time it was on PAYG?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @barnye

Thanks for coming to the community.

When was the last time you used the SIM for one of the below chargeable activities?

• Voice and data usage. This includes making calls, sending text messages and picture messages, retrieving a voicemail, and using data that is not within your pack or add-on.
  • Topping up your account.
  • Buying a pack or an add-on.

Calls, texts and data usage made using your allowance from your pack do not count towards a chargeable activity. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

@XRaySpeX 

Yes – it was previously a sim only contract that was converted to PAYG a year ago.

Hi @Leanne_T 

I made a pack purchase within a month prior to coming abroad and 10 or so voice calls in the same month. I also topped up my account within a few days of leaving.

Pack purchase - 14 Dec 20 22:51 - £10 pack

Best,

Barney

James_B

Hi @barnye,

Which country are you roaming in?

Are you still able to receive calls now?

James

Hi @James_B 

I'm in South Korea, I arrived on the 14th. I was able to receive a call.

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 9.17.17 pm.pngScreenshot 2021-01-15 at 9.17.49 pm.png

James_B

Hi @barnye,

You won't be able to use you UK pack allowances to make calls in South Korea. Do you have sufficient credit to make a call?

Please see Roaming in South Korea for more information on call charges.

James

Hi @James_B 

Yes plenty of credit. I don't know if you can see the images I attached?

The two calls I received used my credit. Text messages I had attempted prior to these calls wouldn't send. When I try to make a voice call I hear an automated message in Korean which I believe says something like 'the number is blocked'.