Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - TRAVEL DATA PASS /Dubai

AniB
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Before leaving UK I called up customer service and got a TRAVEL DATA PASS added on.

- I was told in Dubai I will be charged £7.85 daily for a 500MB daily package

- I need to type  TRAVEL and it will be enabled.

- I was told by EE that if I type TRAVEL again on the same day then I will get another £7.85 added so not to do so until balance is nearly used.

I reached Dubai and from the airport typed TRAVEL and it did nothing. I am so disappointed as I had to reach my hotel without any connection even though I thought EE had given me the right advice and relying on their customer service and word. 

Once I messaged TRAVEL I didn't get any confirmation that the 500MB for the day has been enabled or not. In the airport I was not able to access EE app at all. When I reached to my hotel I logged into the EE app but I am not sure whether the 500MB data pass got enabled or not when I sent a message. I can't see it anywhere in the app but can see a add on TARVEL DATA PASS.

I can't make calls from DUBAI to EE as they charged and pretty pricey. Very disappointed as its not intuitive at all in the app or via messages that a 500BM data package has been enabled for the day after one sends the sms.

Please could someone response today am stuck here without any data apart from my hotel wifi.

Ani

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

When you say you typed TRAVEL, where did you type it? Did you text the word TRAVEL to 150?

Did you text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to ensure the roaming ability is enabled on your account?

Did you receive a msg upon arrival telling you about the charges for roaming there?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes. All these I checked before leaving uk and it confirmed I am setup for roaming. 

When I reached here... I did a message from EE and did send a welcome message etc.  

I typed TRAVEL to 150 as I was told but not sure as a customer what confirmed am I supposed to get when I type that? I also checked my EE app but nowhere can I clearly say whether that got enabled or not. At the moment am just working off hotel wifi. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AniB 

Do you have signal showing on your device? 

Have you tried manually searching and connecting to an available network? 

Leanne 🙂

In the airport I tried everything but since the EE data pass didn't work...  I couldn't get onto safari or EE as there was no data. There was signal and I connected onto airport WIFI.

Leanne_T

Thanks @AniB 

Can you make calls and send texts? 

Leanne.

Sorry calls and texts using what connection? I have already bought a 60min global minutes. 

Calls are charged here in Dubai so am not making any calls until I need to. What I need is data to look at maps etc. 

I am surprised no one is able to help answer:

Where can I see if the data travel pass for the day has been activated?

What confirmation I should be receiving once I type TRAVEL to 150

Leanne_T

Hi @AniB 

This would show in your EE app add-ons and you should get the option when trying to connect to data with WiFi turned off. 

Sorry, I am checking if you have roaming fully activated on your account to use the data add-on and also make calls, send texts, for when not connected to WiFi and using a local network.

Leanne 🙂

Ordinary calls or texts on the mobile network. Can't you just try sending a text to a friend? It'll cost 76p.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

With wifi turned off... I can make calls but the EE app doesn't load and the internet doesn't work. So I don't have any data basically as the TRAVEL DATA PASS is not enabled.

So no one from EE can help? Very strange.