cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised call to India made from my number

Smudge81
Investigator
Investigator

I recently received an extremely high phone bill because a call lasting over an hour was made to India from my phone. I did not make this call, I know nobody in India and would have had no reason to call there. I am extremely conscious of how I use my phone so I would never have been foolish enough to phone overseas even if I had a reason to do so. 

EE are saying that they have made extensive checks and that they are satisfied that I made the call!! This is despite the call flagging as suspicious activity on my account because I never make international calls. I have heard similar stories of people receiving sky high bills for calls to India and Taiwan but EE told me that there is no way that the number could have been used without my consent? I am utterly confused.

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Smudge81  Your number can not be cloned and your number can not be put on a different SIM card as it would stop your SIM card from working as it would port your number away from your sim.       Have you checked your call history on your device? 

Yes, but the call was apparently made well over a month ago hence there is no longer a record....

@Smudge81 , I am not sure what you expect us in the forum to do, but you must have made the call, possibly without realising it was a call to India. You may have clicked on a link and then rang that number.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Smudge81   Your device will hold call records of more than a month unless you delete these yourself ?  

Mine only goes back as far as a month? Is there a way to see older phone calls? It's an iphone 8?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Smudge81,

If the call isn't still showing in your phone's call history, you would only be able to go off the call records held on your EE account.

James

Not true we is n known for cloning sims, especially during the orange network takeover and now by 

Also not try a minimum 5years and sometimes 7 years in interest of gdpr and criminal activity being monitored and detected - don’t trust what a network provider agent advises unless their commuting giving ur their full name and make a record of conversations and contact the ombudsman for actual rules network providers should be following