cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck abroad with no means of data, calls or texts

christie7009
Explorer

Hi,

I've been an EE customer for many years. Recently my contract expires and I requested to switch to PAYG

I'm assuming this has taken place as I suddenly have no means to access minutes or data (including the £25 roaming pass I've purchased)

There's no option to add minutes etc in the store. Any sim only I buy now would involve a second SIM being shipped. There are no EE stores here

Help guides me to call numbers, I cannot. There's no online chat I presume because of timezone. Literally no option to pay or resolve in any way. I was never told switching to pay as you go was another way of saying we will shut down all of your services leaving you with no options even though you've paid for roaming abroad?

I literally have no options? So now I'm stuck in the middle of a city?! What gives EE?

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @christie7009 

Did you activate the PAYG SIM when in the UK? If not then you'll need to buy a local SIM until you can activate the sim in the UK. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

All new EE PAYG SIMs need to be activated on the UK network before they will work abroad, this includes migrations from PAYG.

By requesting a conversion to PAYG, it was crucial that this occurred in the UK to allow roaming to be automatically enabled on first use. The billing add-on you had will also have been cancelled as part of your contract termination, and you now have a brand new subscription, albeit with a migrated phone number.

Hi,

So am I supposed to have received a new SIM? I thought my account would just switch to PAYG and I could continue using it but would need to pay for packs etc

Absolutely nothing was communicated by the EE team when this happened

So the outcome is just that my data, calls etc, including the £25 extra I paid for roaming are all just unusable right now. And I have no way to pay to continue to use this number 

😞 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

As already mentioned, the £25 Roam Further pass is a pay-monthly only option and would have been cancelled upon your migration to PAYG.

Ordinarily your account would just switch to PAYG - but the SIM then needs to be first used on EE's UK network before it will work abroad. Did you advise EE CS when you requested your contract cancellation, that you were travelling abroad around the 30day point?