Spend cap

Kenmasters
Explorer

Hi, 

I received a text message from ee stating that ‘you’ve reached your spend cap so we’ve barred some chargeable services’ 

however I have unlimited minutes and messages and still have data remaining so what is the spend cap pertaining ?

cheers 

4 REPLIES 4
Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

Spend cap is for extra charges that are not included within yre mins texts and data. So for instance picture messages are not included in that so would cost extra to send, also charges to bill would come under spend cap also. Also charges to certain numbers would also come under extra so would be limited by spend cap

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max

Thanks for the reply, 

I haven’t sent any picture messages or done anything out of my normal usage so just confused as to why all of a sudden I’m getting this notification.  

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

To the exclusions of How do I set up and manage Spend Cap?:

Charges that aren’t restricted:
  •  monthly recurring charges e.g. plan charges
  •  add-on charges e.g. data or call passes, BT Sport, Apple Music
  •  service charges for premium calls and texts to numbers beginning with 09, 118, 083 084, 085, 087, 070
  •  admin charges / late payment fees
  •  charge to bill e.g. Music Subscription Services, in-app purchases
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It is an excuse to market to you as an existing customer, to try and increase engagement and to get you to spend more money.