cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPENDCAP UNBAR

Jo-Anne
Visitor

i have tried to enter a competition but told that i have a 3rd party bar when i have txt UNBAR or SPENDCAP to 150 it says i have no 3rd party bar?? but still wont let me enter a competition can anyone help me please? thanks

32 REPLIES 32
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jo-Anne  Login to your account and enable call abroad and premium rate numbers. 

if you’re a pay-as-you-go customer he will need credit on your account to pay for these texts. 

dingle120870
Visitor

Did you ever sort the problem because I'm having that trouble now 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @dingle120870

Welcome to the community.

If you text SPEND CAP to 150, what reply do you get?

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

I'm getting this now, when trying to use competition numbers I get a text that says...

"You are unable to use this service, you either have a 3rd party bar or have reached your spend cap. To remove the bar text UNBAR to 150 or text SPENDCAP to 150"

I have tried as it says to no avail. I looked at enabling call abroad etc but this was already enabled.

I have no idea what a "3rd party bar" is or how to find it.

Can you tell me what the solution to this would be? I could have won £100,000 if I had been able to enter the competitiion 🙂

Leanne_T

Morning @Vulcan24v

Thanks for coming to the community.

Can you log in to your My EE account and select the Controls tab on the Manage My Device page then Spend Caps, do you have a spend cap showing?

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

I have done that and it says the spencap is " No cap"

Leanne_T

Hi @Vulcan24v

Thanks for checking this for me.

Within your my EE account, does your call abroad and premium rate bar show as ticked?

Leanne.

Thank you for your help but I appear to have figured it out.

My settings always used to open at my phone (I have two phones plus accessories on the account) but for some reason it has recently decide to open at the other phone. I did not realise that I was not looking at the settings for my phone.

There was a spendcap on the second phone but I honestly don't know why or how.

It is my partners phone and she did not attach a spend cap at any time so I am stumped at how it got capped.

Anyway both phones now will be uncapped I hope.

Thank you again

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting me know @Vulcan24v

If you need anything further, come back to the community anytime 🙂

Leanne.