Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming pass query

gec6156
Investigator
Investigator

Hello

New to the forums so bear with me please.

I have four sim contracts for myself and my family. They are all pay monthly contracts which have EU roaming.

My son is travelling to Mexico next month for ten days. I was told in an online chat today with an EE agent that he could add the roaming pass on to his plan when leaving the country and remove it when he got back. That way he would be charged pro rata only for the 10 days he was away(£8.30 to be precise) rather than the full £25 for the add on for the month. I was looking on the EE website for confirmation of this but as yet cant see anywhere that states this. Any help in confirming would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

He'll be charged at least £25. It will depend on whether your billing date falls within the period of his trip.

• If it doesn't, he'll be charged exactly £25 for 1 billing month.
  • If it does, he'll be charged pro-rata for the time up to the billing date & £25 for the following billing month.

See How Do I Get the Roam Abroad Pass?:

How much does the Roam Abroad Pass cost?

£25 per month. This cost will be added to your monthly mobile bill and will appear as a separate line in the add-ons section of your bill. If you add this service in the middle of your monthly billing period then the cost in the first month will be prorated.

He should text ROAMING to 150 before he leaves UK to ensure the roaming ability is enabled on his account.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The pass is charged pro-rata for the part-month during which it is added. It is charged for the complete month during which it is removed.

Remember that whatever billing add-on your son chooses, the roaming facility which allows access to foreign networks, is both separate and free. Choosing an add-on but not enabling roaming, will result in no coverage abroad,

gec6156
Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks for the responses.

@gec6156 : Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)