cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving SMS from Firebase

madtaff
Visitor

As the title says I cannot receive any SMS messages from Firebase to allow me to log into certain apps.

I have recently upgraded from an iPhone 12 Pro to an iPhone 15 Pro, and previously had no issues, but since upgrading I cannot receive these specific SMS messages

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @madtaff 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Did you receive a new SIM card with the iPhone 15 or are you using the same SIM you had previously? 

Are you receiving texts from other companies and contacts? 

Leanne 🙂

ToanLe
Visitor

Hi EE team,

I'm having the same issue with our application.

We have also used Firebase Authentication to send SMS as 2FA for sign-in flow.

However, we've observed there are a number of users with EE - UK phone numbers can't receive the OTP via SMS.

For some other mobile network (not EE) in the UK, users can receive the OTP successfully.

Is there any changes recently from EE causing the issue?

Thanks,
Toan 

BlondieHez
Visitor

Hello, 

I am looking for some help please. I have having the same issue with my own company product. We are a UK based company using a well known company for verification SMS but EE is blocking them all. 

Every other mobile provider can receive the SMS from our product unless you are on EE and not one verification message is sent. This is going to cause us a loss of revenue as our customers with EE will not be able to login. Who is best to speak to about this? Why are EE blocking particular SMS codes? 

I have contacted 150 however I don't feel that my issue was completely understood. 

Thanks