cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

mhol321ee
Visitor

Just arrived in Canary Islands and annoyed to find that roaming will incur 2.29 per day. I have a dual SIM phone, and my main use is with a TalkMobile SIM in Slot 1 which gives me free roaming for calls, texts and data.  I have an EE SIM in Slot 2 that I had planned to use just for data intensive activities, but will not do so now as I am not prepared to pay such a cost for the 28 days we are here.

I have switched off Roaming on the EE SIM and deactivated that SIM.  Having done this, I am fairly confident that I will not incur the charge but would welcome confirmation or otherwise from anyone more knowledgeable than me.

I am initiating purchase of a replacement SIM from another provider that offers much better value than EE anyway, certainly in the EU, and will cancel my current EE contract ASAP.

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The alernative to the £2.29 daily charge is a £25/month Roaming Pass. Caveated by some quirks with your billing cycle, this would therefore break-even after 11 days.

The daily charge is triggered by the use of any of your UK allowances within the EU - making or receiving calls, sending text messages or using mobile data. Without a mobile network connection, none of those are possible.