cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam abroad cancelled before date I have paid to

annegill
Investigator
Investigator

I have been billed for Roam Abroad until 19 April but can’t get access now. Can’t phone or text EE from Australia to query this. Is there an email address I can use to contact them?

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

What exactly do you mean by "can't get access now"?

The Roam Abroad pass is just a billing add-on to reduce the cost of roaming. If you're having issues with roaming itself, the billing pass is irrelevant and the issue will lie somewhere else.

The first troubleshooting step in any "I don't have coverage abroad" scenario is to toggle flight mode and - if no change - manually select an alternative local operator.

I have been using my UK allowance for internet access until today but it has stopped working.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @annegill 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

What happens when you try and make a call? 

Have you tried manually searching for networks in your phone settings and changing to a different network to see if this works for you? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for your reply. I don’t think there is anything I can do. It would appear that EE has cancelled my Roam Abroad pass because I cancelled to prevent being billed for another month. This is in spite of the fact that I have paid up to 19 April. My problem is that I can’t contact them by phone or text and there is no way to contact them otherwise.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @annegill 

You should still have access to make calls if this has been removed, what happens when you make a call? 

Is the Roam Abroad Pass still showing in your EE app? 

Leanne.

@annegill wrote:

I cancelled to prevent being billed for another month. 

When is your billing date? When did you cancel it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If your issue is an inability to connect to a local network, and thus make/receive calls, send/receive text messages or use mobile data - the billing add-on will not be the cause.

Fundamentally the ability to use your phone abroad is dictated by the free-of-charge roaming facility being enabled, and the local networks providing service. All the Roaming Pass does is reduce the cost of using that service.