cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive old number for verification purposes.

Piter2301
Investigator
Investigator

As the title says.

I need to recover my old number for a couple of hours to reset my security measures in third party websites. This number was used to register, and it is only way to recover back my accounts.

Paypall, outlook, facebook, google etc…

I spoke with a EE consultant on the phone, but he wasn’t helpful at all.

I do not live in UK since years now, and my number was suspended recently. How would I get EE to give me access to this SMS verification service so I can recover my property?

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Piter2301  If you have gave that  number up then unfortunately there is no way to get it back.      All the companies you posted have their own verification processes  if you’re no longer the user of a phone number you used to set up these accounts.      

When you say recently how recently and was this on PAYG ?    When was it last used ?  

Yes all of them require this phone number to recover my accounts. It is not possible other way.

They are “blocked” because of suspicious activity and only way to recover it is by this phone number message. That is why I need it for less than 24hrs just to solve my issues.

And of course I can prove that phone number belonged to me. It was taken on my name and old address in UK.

Some of my accounts were hacked, and some I simply do not remember the passwords to.

It is hard to remember all details to all accounts for years especially if You didn’t always use Your real name and other data.

Those accounts were created 10 or more years ago and I do not live in one place. My phone number was a contracted phone with EE (I think it was Orange when I took that number).

I have not used that phone a lot. Still I paid for it all the time while in England and even while living in Belgium.

This is for example hacked facebook account. Email address was changed and it is not possible for me to guess who that can be.

The Email address that I used was also hacked and only way to get those accounts back is through my old phone number.

IMG_6179.jpeg

As I said.

This is last resort security measure which allows me to get back my accounts.

I did not change all of my accounts phone number to my new number (I simply did not think about it at the time).

Additionally I cannot prove to facebook that it is me, because that account was dormant for years. I only used it since last 2 years or so, and my data there is missmatch so ID proof won’t help. (My date of birth is placed 10years apart if I remember correctly).

With the E-mail that I have to recover it is similar story. My personal details weren’t even typed there so only that service message can unlock and recover those accounts.

To change this number someone have to receive a confirmation SMS if I am correct.

I guess there was too much of “personal data” available on that picture.

Upon calling this number it says that it is temporarily unavailable.

@Piter2301  Unfortunately you can not get the number once is been terminated.   Plus if it could you’ll have to be in the UK as it’s not possible to activate a sim on a roaming network. 

eBay for 1 allows you to edit your phone no. after you've logged in successfully & supplied a OTP. I don't see that others wouldn't.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I do not need this number back.

I only need it to recover my accounts (less than 2 hours just to receive codes and change number to my current one).

It is easy to prove those were my accounts with the number, and EE have a proof that I owned it for years. It was contract phone register and used by me personally.

If I knew earlier that something like this will happen I would never register any service on a phone number.

Unfortunately most of them require phone verification which is a security measure.

All of services will allow You to change phone number.

For some You won’t even need access to Your old number.

Unfortunately for services that I need to recover there is no other way than having this OTP sent to number it was registered with.