cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Using phone in united Arab Emirates

Tawfeek
Explorer

Hey I have that exact issue I'm in the uae but I can receive or send texts especially verification messages. 

I pay monthly is there a work around

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Tawfeek wrote:

Hey I have that exact issue I'm in the uae but I can receive or send texts especially verification messages. 

Can you clarify what issue you have? Clarity on your symptoms would be useful.

Does your phone show a local network connection?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tawfeek : You can send and receive texts but what can't you do there? Just what is the issue that you need help with? 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Im currently in the UAE i am unable to receive TEXTS and Calls here, what is the solution for this as I need my code for verification .

bristolian
Legend
Legend

As asked previously - does your phone show a local network connection? Your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks.

On PAYG, this is auto-enabled once your phone is used in the UK first.
On pay-monthly, this needs to be enabled manually - usually by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Did you do this?

If you now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.