cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone not ringing, just get text notification of voicemail

Kawtrek
Investigator
Investigator

I am having the same problem. Moved over from plusnet mobile and I can be on my phone and see a missed call notification pop up right in front of me. Full signal. Very frustrating! 

8 REPLIES 8
bristolian
Legend
Legend

A common cause for this is an unconditional divert being set, or your phone being in "do not disturb mode". This assumes you have no issues making outgoing calls.

Also check you have VoLTE (Android) or 4G-call (Apple) shown next to your coverage indicators.

Kawtrek
Investigator
Investigator

Really could do with some help. 

New to EE having been moved over from Plusnet. New sim card within last couple of weeks but increasing number of calls going straight to voicemail despite having full signal.

Call forwarding is disabled.

This happens whether WiFi calling is disabled or enabled.

This is really frustrating. I am a carer for a disabled child and am missing calls that I need to receive when my phone is right in front of me. Help!! 

Thank you for your reply.

VoLTE is enabled and not all calls are being diverted. It is sporadic. Happens 8 times out of 10. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Does this only happen in one location, @Kawtrek?

James

Thank you for your reply James. 

I'm quite new to EE but it seems to be mainly at home which is where I'm based most of the time!

Thanks

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Are you able to check your area for any known issues using the Network Status Checker @Kawtrek?

This will also show expected coverage both inside and outside your property. 

Katie

Thank you Katie. 

Have done a location check and no problems apparently. Apparently good 4g coverage indoor and outdoor.

I just don't understand when even if my 3g/4g signal dropped, if I'm connected to my own WiFi with WiFi calling enabled, why calls are going straight to voicemail? Hoping I don't need to buy a new phone just because I moved to EE! 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If either VoLTE (4G-voice) or VoWiFi (WiFi-calling) is active, then incoming & outgoing calls should work - providing no DND/diverts are set.

Can you send/receive texts OK? How about dialling out?