cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not receiving text

Ijb7
Explorer

My sister just landed at Heathrow and had an EE sim installed. Calls are fine, also texts from another iPhone (via AppleID), but not receiving texts from an Android via her new phone number (with country code 44). Have tried turning iMessages off & on, but still no joy ?

12 REPLIES 12
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ijb7 

Thanks for coming here. 

Is she using +44 as the dialling code and removing the 0 for her number? 

Can she receive calls? 

Can she try texting NUMBER to 150, does your sister receive the reply? 

Leanne 🙂

Thank you for your help Leanne.

Yes, I’ve definitely used the +44 in front, and tried with and without the (0), but still not receiving.

She hasn’t mentioned this “150” code (she’s not very technical). What is she supposed to do there?

She receives & makes calls just fine, as well as texts from other iPhones via AppleID. Just missing texts via the phone #.

Thanks again & cheers, Ian
Leanne_T

Hi @Ijb7 

This would be a new text message to the number 150 and then in the text of the message this would be NUMBER. This would send a reply to the phone, could you get her to try this to see if this is all non iMessage texts affected? 

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne, I’ll see if I can get her to try the “NUMBER” to text # “150”. Might that fix something, or just further instructions ?

Cheers, Ian 🍻
Leanne_T

That will help us to know if this affecting all text replies or certain numbers @Ijb7 

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne,

I have asked her to do as you suggested … awaiting a response.

Her friend (with an Android phone) is unable to text her, so I also tried texting by phone #, rather than AppleID … I couldn’t get through either, the text stays green and doesn’t say “delivered”.

Will let you know when I get some feedback from her re the 150 text (if she can handle that ! 🙄).

Cheers, Ian
Leanne_T

Thanks @Ijb7 

Are you able to try the SIM card in another phone as well this will help us to know if this could be the SIM or phone? 

Leanne.

Sorry Leanne, she only has the one phone.

I’m still waiting for a response from her re the “150” text.

Her phone (iPhone 7) seems perfectly normal in every other way, just no response to texts from an Android or from me via the new SIM phone number.

Cheers, Ian
Leanne_T

Thanks @Ijb7 

If the text reply does not come through from 150, please ask her to call us on 150 and the team will get this fully looked into for her 🙂

Leanne.