Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random mobiles claiming I have called them

Sarah2083
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I’ve had lots

of calls today from various mobile numbers claiming I have miss called them - which I haven’t! I’ve checked call history too and shows no calls made by me.

I know others have had this too, but EE Haven’t been helpful with what to do to solve this issue. I’m concerned my personal data has been compromised by them if it is a network error as i was told.

I don’t want to change my number if I can help it.

any ideas on how to stop this and on what’s actually caused this? 

74 REPLIES 74

EE's only effective solution seems to be to change your number which is a big problem for most people. 

Has anyone experienced this problem going away over time?  Ive received 10 calls today and willing to hold out for a few weeks assuming I dont lose my mind in the meantime. 

Has anyone tried switching providers and has it fixed the problem?

Only if you change number - it is your number that has been hijacked - see my earlier post

This is happening to me too. I’m receiving calls and not answering them because I don’t recognise them. I’ll save these mobile numbers and message them but these people haven’t made a call to me and doesn’t show up in their calls list. I spoke to one person on what app and send screen shots of this missed call and she told me she was on the phone to her husband at the time and that she made the call via ALEXA. she showed me her screen shot and I showed her mine. She did not call me yet I had a call from her. This happened again today with an old lady. She said she was calling me back as she’d received a call from me. I said I hadn’t called her and that I’d received 2 missed calls from her. The poor lady was concerned about it, and confused. It made me a little sad. I reset all my settings and passwords on the cloud when this first started.

I want answers too. And these aren’t scammers calling. These are real people. Confused to how i have missed a call that they didn’t tv make and vise Versa. This is happening to peoples personal phones… these arnt scam callers and I want answers too. 

I reported it to EE, who said they would look into it and report it to fraud squad, apparently its a new sort of scam, within 48hrs I got no more callsSent from my Galaxy
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RAD90 and @Sueann1,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you have been a victim of call spoofing. Please see this article for further information.

James

Natchris83
Visitor

I’ve also had the same thing now for near on 6 weeks numerous calls daily saying that I’ve called them when I haven’t. Not sure what to do with it either as I don’t want to change my number. 

Only solution I'm afraid is to change your number or wait in the hope it eventually stops
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Natchris83.

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear this is happening.

The only way to stop this immediately is to change your number. 

You could block these numbers so they can't call you again.

Jon