cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not ringing, just get text notification of voicemail

daz_j
Investigator
Investigator

Hi since being forced to join EE from Plusnet about a month ago I'm having issues receiving calls - most of the time (though not always) the handset doesn't ring, it goes straight to voicemail and I just get a text notification of the missed call.  The calls don't even get added to the 'Recents' list.  I've checked every setting that I know of, hoping someone can advise please?  Regards, Daz.

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The usual cause for this is an unconditional divert being set, or your phone being in "do not disturb mode". This assumes you have no issues making outgoing calls.

daz_j
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your help - I'm not familiar with unconditional divert, is it same as call forwarding?  I've double checked call forwarding and do not disturb and they're both off (I never use them anyway).  Outgoing calls are working as normal.

No solution yet, can anybody help please?  I'm missing important calls as my dad isn't well.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you have restarted your phone, eliminated DND & call diverts, and problems are still persisting, you should report this to EE CS on 150.

They can raise any investigations that may be necessary.