cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Facebook 2 factor SMS codes

Eeuser123456
Investigator
Investigator

Is anybody else having issues receiving Facebook 2 factor authentication SMS codes? As of the end of last month I do not receive any Facebook SMS so am locked out of my account. Using an iPhone 11.

44 REPLIES 44

I too have a Huawei p30 pro. You can't join the Facebook forum unless you know your password.

You are supposed to be able to text OTP to 32665 but that doesn't work either 🤔

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Carol009.

Welcome to the community.

Is it your Facebook password that you don't know?

Are you having trouble with two-factor authentication?

Jon

Hi yes it's my Facebook password I don't know. I can't set two part authentication as it asks for your password. The email on my account is no longer valid. When I get to a part that says send 6 digit code to my phone number (this is on my FB account) I do not receive it. Why can't you email or speak to someone in FB it's like getting into Fort Knox 🤣

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Carol009 🙂

If you're unable to reset your Facebook password because the email address isn't valid, the only way to get this resolved would be by speaking to Facebook help and support.

Hopefully you manage to get in touch with someone about this.

Jon

Hi

Thanks but is there such a thing as speaking to FB support? I've tried to find this without success.

Why don't the codes come through on my phone? Isn't this to do with EE?

Cheers

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Carol009.

You could try the Facebook Help Centre.

You will need to know you password as the first part of the two-factor authentication.

Jon

Clare how did you sort this??

ive had this problem for over two weeks and cannot get on to my Facebook

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Dee_landels

Have you been able to try the help centre link which was provided by @Jon_K?

Speak soon, 

Katie.

Got hacked and the hacker set up a two authentication and now I can’t get back into my account. I have tried setting up a new password I’ve sent an ID however nothing has resolved yet and I’ve not been able to get in my account for over a week now. I’m not receiving any messages (SMS) from Facebook and this is the last resort to see if there’s a issue with messages 

i've been locked out of mine for six months now. i just don't reveieve the codes via sms

Kind Regards
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]