cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Two Factor Authentication

Notahappyboy
Investigator
Investigator

I’m a new customer switched from 3 as the EE coverage is better in the rural area i live.

Currently I have a house insurance claim being managed by Sedgwick loss adjusters, its virtually impossible to speak to them by phone due to the vast number of claims they are processing, however their mysedgwick portal works very well. To access the portal they message you a two factor authentication code, this has worked brilliantly while I was a 3 customer.

Since joining EE I don’t receive the codes. 

Having spent 1 hour talking to EE technical support this morning, the best they can come up with is “your existing number Ported successfully on 3 April you now need to wait until 17 April by which time 3 will have transferred all of your files over and hopefully this issue will be resolved”

Personally i feel I was being fobbed off and they don’t have a clue why these codes are not being received.

Has anyone else in the community had such issues ?

perhaps the best course of action is to close the EE account and go back to 3.

15 REPLIES 15
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Notahappyboy 

This does seem to be an issue with people transferring numbers over.  

As EE to refresh your line and try restarting your device a couple of times. Can Sedgwick not send you a code via email.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Notahappyboy wrote:

“your existing number Ported successfully on 3 April you now need to wait until 17 April by which time 3 will have transferred all of your files over and hopefully this issue will be resolved”

As far as call & text routing goes, that's nonsense. If your number has ported successfully, that includes routing being in-place.

Are you able to receive person-to-person texts? How about automated SMS from other senders?

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i can receive person to person texts, got a automated sms from my optician, EE & 3 also sending me texts

Notahappyboy
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply’s so far, unfortunately none of the suggestions have worked. This is clearly an issue for many .

I would like to think that someone from the EE Technical support will now take ownership of my problem and get in touch.

infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

You should contact EE again and tell them that you have a provisioning issue.

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/mobile-phone

This isn't just purely an EE fault here.

Lots of other mobile phone users, who are not EE customers, have had issues with their various mobile operator blocking short code text messaging.

Or users of iPhone who had issues with text messages failing or not receiving etc, after Apple put out an IOS upgrade.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.

@infinitywaiter wrote:

You should contact EE again and tell them that you have a provisioning issue.

This user does not have a provisioning issue, and telling CS that is very likely to confuse the issue.

Report to CS absolutely, but don't misdiagnose what is clearly a user-specific SMS problem.

Adam311
Investigator
Investigator

Hi did this ever get fixed?

thanks

Adam

Hi Adam

No it’s still not fixed, causing me a great deal of inconvenience in managing my insurance claim, things like authentication codes for Paypal work fine. If its not resolved by 17th April I’ll be cancelling my EE contract.

Martin

gazglasgow
Investigator
Investigator

I too have this issue. In my case it started when 2FA failed with my GoPro cloud account. It had been working flawlessly for years. I pursued it with Gopro who disabled 2FA on my behalf to allow me access again.

I could not enable 2FA again as the code is not recived. I tried changing my phone number on my account to my friends number as he is on O2. The code was received immediately. I then tried my other friends phone number and he is on EE. The same, no code received. I have pursued with EE now and got absolutely nowhere. The call centre staff have no idea how to address this issue.

Fast forward to today and I have applied for a First Direct account. Been accepted and when setting up my online banking the 2FA code is not received.

What I have noticed is that the historical alerts from GoPro are not from a phone number, it's an alert from a sender called "Notice" It doesn't appear to be an SMS as such. Not sure if this is the clue and not sure if First Direct use a similar message sending service as I have never received a code at all from them.