cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not eligible for roaming pass?

RustyTheSnowman
Investigator
Investigator

I’m going to the US tomorrow. I tried to activate the Roam Abroad pass by texting ROAMING PASS to 150 but got the reply:

“Hi from EE, Sorry you're not eligible for The Roaming Pass. For more information please visit ee.co.uk/roaming”

That link does not give any info as to why I’m not eligible or how to get the pass. I have a pay monthly plan with 100GB data. Do any of you kind people have any ideas to help please?

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. You are on PAYG, not contract.
  2. You have a poor credit record & have not paid a security deposit against roaming.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Sorry, I meant I do have a contract. As far as credit record goes, mine is excellent. Thanks for the suggestions but they won’t be the reasons, unless ee have made an error.

Have you tried texting ROAM ABROAD or ROAM FURTHER?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your help. I’ve enabled Roam Further and have a text message from ee saying it’s added to my account and ready to use. However, now that I’m in the US my iPhone is not picking up a signal. It just says No Service. I have roaming set on in Mobile Data Options and Network Selection is set to automatic. Any ideas on that?

Hi @RustyTheSnowman.

What phone are you using?

Are you able to change network selection to manual and choose a different network?

Jon

@RustyTheSnowman Did you enable roaming from within your online account?  Purchasing a add on doesn’t enable roaming it’s just an add on to keep costs down 

Thanks everyone, you’ve been a great help so far! I’ve found that Enable Roaming is set to Blocked in my account. When I try to toggle it to Allowed I get the message “Sorry but we haven't been able to set up your changes”. I think (hope!) this is the final step, I guess I’ll need to get in touch with ee to help with this one?

Yes, If you can't enable the Roaming Abroad and the Call Abroad & Premium Rate settings of your MyEE, you will need to call CS. 

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype. It should be free.