cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim and Roaming

flossienana
Investigator
Investigator

I have bought a Roaming pass for my main sim number but don’t want to also buy one for the eSim number on the same iPhone while in Europe. If I activate call forwarding to a UK based number on the eSim will I be charged a daily Roaming fee on the eSim or will the call be classed as UK call? 

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @flossienana 

If the number that you're forwarding the calls from is abroad, you'd be charged for an outgoing call for any forwarded calls, which would activate the roam abroad pass. The number that the calls are forwarded too would also be charged for an incoming call, activating the roam abroad pass on that one too, if it's set up.

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I don't believe the previous answer is entirely valid. The answer depends on factors I don't think are clear..

1: Are you diverting from a UK EE mobile, or a foreign number? Same question for the destination of the divert,

2: Are you setting an unconditional "divert all calls" or a conditional "divert if xyz" where xyz is unreachable, no answer etc?

Unconditional diverts set  on a UK-EE SIM will create the divert on EE's core UK network and the call will not leave the UK. Conditional diverts will attempt to reach you abroad first, and create a different scenario.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Great points, @bristolian.

I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that they were diverting all calls from one EE number to another EE number. 🙂

Chris

Many thanks for your reply.

I will be diverting all calls unconditionally while in Europe from the UK EE eSim to a non EE mobile phone back in the UK. Hopefully the calls will not then leave the UK as you mention.