cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account. / plan is gone ?! Without any notice

BLT3
Explorer

I am currently abroad and believe I have been paying regularly for my account YET now that I try and log in into my account to check it is gone and my sim is not working. What can I do? As I am abroad it is obviously inconvenient to call their number, is there email / suggestions? I am very worried about losing my UK number as almost all my important accounts are connected to it.

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Are you reporting an issue with your phone not showing coverage abroad? Are you on PAYG or pay-monthly?

Pay-monthly accounts are only disconnected either for non-payment or if you explicitly request cancellation.

Thanks for your response! It is a pay-monthly plan, I do not have coverage but also when I log in on EE it shows no information of any plan, there is an illustration saying GOOD NIGHT.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks.

On PAYG, this is auto-enabled once your phone is used in the UK first.
On pay-monthly, this needs to be enabled manually - usually by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Did you do this?

If you are on pay-monthly and now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.