No service

Princessamilea
Investigator
Investigator

I am in Mexico on my phone is not working what’s the weather is telling me NO SERVICE 

28 REPLIES 28
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Princessamilea : Are you on contract or PAYG? Did you use that SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad?

If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu / Account Settings / Control Content / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You won't see any of those settings & don't need to change anything. If outside EU, do you have enough credit for making calls from abroad?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Princessamilea

Welcome to the community. 

If you could let us know if you have a pay as you go or pay monthly account, and if the advice from @XRaySpeX has resolved the issue for you?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hi there I have a monthly plan But it’s a new contract I was told I could use it abroad is in Mexico 

Leanne_T

Thanks @Princessamilea

Did you try restarting your phone? 

If so, can you try logging into your My EE account online, then go to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming abroad, does this show as ticked?

Leanne 🙂

@Princessamilea Did you activate roaming within your EE account?   And while you can use it abroad you’ll be charged as your outside the EU where you can use your allowance as if you was in the UK.    

No how can I do this When I first took the contract out last week I wasn’t told I had to do anything

Leanne_T

Hi @Princessamilea

Please try logging into your My EE account online, then go to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming abroad, does this show as ticked?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

I have tried everything and nothing is working is there a live chat so I can speak to someone i.e. as I have a business to run from where I am and I need to use my phone on regular bases to manage my staff back at home, 

Help would be really grateful

You've been told 4 times to check your settings in your MyEE. Have you done so & what are they at the mo'?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)