cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data connection in Greece

Rajjas
Investigator
Investigator

I'm in Greece and I can't get mobile data connection, Even though my plan includes it and I've reset my phone, etc.. I can only use WiFi, but can't make calls or receive calls. 

10 REPLIES 10
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Rajjas.

Welcome to the community.

Do you have a signal on the phone at all without WiFi?

Are you able to try changing to another network manually?

What phone are you using?

Jon

Hi Jon

Yes I do have a signal when not on WiFi. My phone is Samsung A52. I've had older phones before this one and never had any problems when I landed in another country. 

Oh..I did try and manually connect but it doesn't connect. It either says sim card won't allow it or they just can't connect

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

I was in Greece last week. My phone alternated between COSMOTE and WIND.

Are you able to manually connect to these networks? Do your calls and texts work? Just data you're having problems with?

Or is your roaming not working at all? You can’t connect to a Greek network?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Rajjas.

Do you get an error message when you try to make a call or connect to the internet?

Is roaming enabled in your My EE Account online?

Jon

I tried both if those and can't connect to any networks. So can't make cakes or SMS. I can connect to WiFi only. But if I'm out and about my phone is useless!

Roaming is enabled. Like I said, first time I've had this problem. Usually it automatically connects to a network when I land in another country. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG? Did you use that SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad?

If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

If not already enabled, you need to call CS to enable the Roaming Abroad and Call Abroad and Premium Rate settings of your MyEE.

PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You won't see any of those settings & don't need to change anything. If outside EU, do you have enough credit for making calls from abroad?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I'm sim only contract and had not problems in the UK.

I have tried rhetoric suggested and can't make a call or text as I don't have any data!