Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in EU

Reemz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I’m currently in Paris and I have tried to use my EE number but it was unsuccessful.

I only see the 3G I tried switch to 4G and 5G and even reset my network setting with No success.

i also contacted EE customer services and again no success.

I’m unable to call no receive msg at all.

can anyone suggest a solution. 

thank you all 

13 REPLIES 13
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Reemz : Are you on contract or PAYG? Did you use that SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad?

If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

If not already enabled, you need to call CS to enable the Roaming Abroad and Call Abroad and Premium Rate settings of your MyEE.

PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You won't see any of those settings & don't need to change anything.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Hello dear, I’m on PAYG and I tried almost everything but still I can’t call nor receive msg even from EE or text 150. Also note that I used my sim while in UK and didn’t face any issues. I reboot my device and remove and renter my sim still. Anymore advice? Thanks
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Reemz

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you able to connect to a local network?

Speak soon, 

Katie.

Hello dear 

yea I can connect to orange F, SFR and Bouygues telecom.

However the data doesn’t connect to 4G or even 5G, only 3G so Data doesn’t work + I can’t make or receive calls.

Thanks 

Katie_B

Thanks for letting us know @Reemz

Have you topped up recently?

Are you aware of anyone else experiencing this issue?

Katie.

Yes I topped up my account + I bought a package but nothing worked out 

James_B

Hi @Reemz,

When you were using the SIM in the UK, did you make a chargeable call or send a text?

James

Hi dear 

yes I did make calls, now I left EU to Qatar and still my number is not working nor I can receive msg.

is their any solution to this? The network only shows 3G and I even tried to change the device and still the same issue. 

please advise 

Did you make chargeable calls or texts while in UK, not just from your pack? How long ago was that?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)