cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network status disconnected

Lancastercastle
Investigator
Investigator

My phone will only make calls over wifi and no SMS messages. I activated an OPTUS sim in Australia. It did not work and when I returned to UK my network would not work. I have moved to EE changed number and factory reset, but no joy. SIM works perfectly in friends EE phone so it's a handset issue. Feels like my phone is blocking me from EE. Worried about SIM jacking by OPTUS user as received some dodgy emails while in Australia. Can anyone advise regarding hoe I can resolve this. 

Thanks in advance. 

14 REPLIES 14
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Lancastercastle 

What phone do you have and where was it purchased? 

Is your EE SIM a pay monthly contract or PAYG? If PAYG when did you last make a chargeable call or text? 

Are you in the UK now? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi Northerner thanks for your reply. 

It's a Doogee S96 pro bought from Amazon. I am back in the UK but not been able to make a chargeable call since I left UK on 8th February. I was with Plus net at that time. I made the mistake of leaving the phone on the plane in my hand luggage. I was charged £30 connection fees so took out the sim and replaced with the OPTUS one which did not work 

Sorry always been on a monthly plan 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lancastercastle.

Do you know anyone else on EE who could try their SIM in your phone?

Chris

Hi Chris yes tried my friends SIM and it was same. Worked on home wifi but not when on plan with wifi disabled. From this I am thinking handset issue and something in settings was altered when the Australia SIM was activated. Hoping someone else does not have control of my phone 

Thanks 

Roy 

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If the phone worked ok in Australia could be the APN is still set to that Network.

Check your APN Settings in the phone are correct for the EE Network.

Name: EE internet
APN: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure

Thanks for suggestion EssexboyEE I have reset the APN settings and they are as you listed. I also checked with OPUS and they say the SIM is no longer active and assure me the SIM is not hijacked. Appreciate the reply it's a good call. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lancastercastle,

As your SIM is working as it should in other devices, I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer of your phone to see if they can offer some technical support.

James

Thanks yes on with this already. Doogee support have asked a few questions and suggested a few solutions but no joy. They have got me on developers options at moment with some pretty complex asks. The EE shop could not get to the bottom of the problem and EE tech support given up too. It's a real challenge for someone much more tech savvy than me. Think will be taking to the repair shop to find out what is locking me out. After that it's a new phone. 

Thanks all