cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network status disconnected

Lancastercastle
Investigator
Investigator

My phone will only make calls over wifi and no SMS messages. I activated an OPTUS sim in Australia. It did not work and when I returned to UK my network would not work. I have moved to EE changed number and factory reset, but no joy. SIM works perfectly in friends EE phone so it's a handset issue. Feels like my phone is blocking me from EE. Worried about SIM jacking by OPTUS user as received some dodgy emails while in Australia. Can anyone advise regarding hoe I can resolve this. 

Thanks in advance. 

14 REPLIES 14
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lancastercastle,

If they are unable to find a solution, it's worth backing up your phone and trying a factory reset.

James

Hi 

Yes already done factory reset 

James_B

OK @Lancastercastle

Please let us know if you find a solution.

James

Took into repair shop and told the signal being pulled from the motherboard is weak showing 3G or less. Solution new phone  Possible damage from airport scanners. This sounds unlikely as lots of phones scanned. Took for second opinion. Guy two said rubbish to airport scanner causing problem.  This repaired said only second slot EMI was working. Fixed while on a 4G signal but cut network as soon as dropped to 3G outside shop. Phone would have been under warranty when problem started but taken since February to diagnose. 

Going to order new phone. Will post let you know outcome.  

Thanks all and any comments on motherboard issue welcome. 

Leanne_T

Thanks for the update @Lancastercastle

Let us know how you get on with the new phone 🙂

Leanne.