cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login code text messages rarely arrive

tim_mw
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a persistent problem with login codes for websites sent by text message simply never arriving, even if I resend them multiple times. It's been getting gradually worse over the past 6 months, to the point where logins using text message codes are now near impossible.

At first I thought that this was an issue with the websites I was trying to use, but I'm beginning to think that EE has an overzealous anti-spam system that is causing this problem, for the simple reason I'm having this issue with every single site that uses a text message, every time. eg I've just tried and failed to login to the NHS site to get a Covid pass for travel, but can't because even after two re-sends the texts never arrive. Google usually requires 2-3 attempts (and never works if I'm out of the country). Is there anything I can turn off to improve deliverability? This is getting very frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tim_mw 

Thanks for coming here. 

Are you able to try the SIM card in another phone to see if the text arrives? 

Speak soon. 

Leanne. 

I don't have another handset available to check with right now and the problem seems to be limited to just verification codes. Messages from my friends do not cause a problem. I have also turned off the spam protection option in Android and that does no good.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us @tim_mw

Are you currently abroad?

Katie