cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the option to merge calls but it’s not working. How do I fix this?

Sai2019
Visitor

Please help

127 REPLIES 127
__A
Investigator
Investigator

@STAUN That’s exactly the problem! EE constantly advertises themselves as UK’s best network provider (you’ve herd the line) and they can’t even support basic features.

Also if you hadn’t realised EE isn’t the cheapest provider out there. One would expect that we are in fact paying enough to get these features.

It’s just a game to these big companies, management deciding to scrap these features as part of their cost drawback plans.

I managed to hustle a discount because of it, I know to many people this won’t cut it because it’s fundamentally how they used their phones but a potential idea?

Alternatively the next best option would be to use Skype (requires a membership /or credits) or a service like WhatsApp, Apple FaceTime or Viber (don’t really recommend viber as it does have security flaws), but these require the other person your calling to also be a user of the same service your using. Best option is Skype because it uses the existing telecommunications infrastructure and you can call whoever you want and no one would even know your using Skype. Add more than 2 people to the call and call internationally for next to nothing.

Hope that helped if not guess your going to have to wait out the length of your contact. You may be able to cancel within 14 days (check your early cancellation terms may be different).

My 3 way call merging worked great for years then disappeared over night. I have been told that this is no longer available yet my

brother has this feature working perfectly on his phone on EE and upgrades every two years without any issues. Why can’t I have this feature reinstated?

PaulKT
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jon, why do you think it's acceptable to remove 3-way calling? And then also to add insult to injury remove it's replacement Group Call?

PaulKT
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

This just happened to me, I upgraded, was using it a week or so ago. Upgraded and it's gone WITH NO WARNING WHATSOEVER. Calling sales tomorrow to cancel our contract. This is outrageous unless EE does a U-turn. It is just madness to remove a fundamental core feature. Next they will remove text messaging.

Agent I called to report the fault said 1. 3-way calling not used much - all these forums would disagree 2. it was heavily used for fraud, well phone calls and text messages are too so EE best stop allowing all calls and all texts! 

@PaulKT   If you want to fall for a text/call scam thats up to you, 3 way calling you had no choice as you just took the call.   

3 way calling hasn’t been available for awhile now (2 years there about’s) if you had it before you upgraded congratulations but that doesn’t mean it’ll be available for you to have when you take out a new contract.   And 3 way calling was a service provided to you it didn’t form part of your previous contracts.   

And there is less than 40 people on here who complained about this.   So not that many really. 

PaulKT
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris,

3 way calling has been around since 2nd generation mobile telephony and I have never fallen for a scam before. If you follow reasonable steps then you shouldn't be caught out.

It forms an integral part of the phone service which is included (the primary part) in the contract, you do have rights as a buyer and sellers have to be reasonable. It could be argued the contract is not Fit for Purpose (pursuant to Sales of Goods Act).

If 40 people have taken the time to complain on here you can easily double that (but more reasonably increase it multiple fold) who are concerned. At what point is the number relevant? I'd think if a few hundred are unhappy that should be taken into account.

@PaulKT wrote:

It forms an integral part of the phone service which is included (the primary part) in the contract, you do have rights as a buyer and sellers have to be reasonable. It could be argued the contract is not Fit for Purpose (pursuant to Sales of Goods Act).

So far as legals are concerned, EE are perfectly within their rights to add & remove additional services at any time.

Any business decisions to do so, would likely be taken with a good understanding of usage & revenue patterns, and certainly not on a whim.

PaulKT
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure you could leave because of this removal, it would come down to a county court judge to decide what was reasonable. I hold EE in breach of their agreement for removing a fundamental service without notice or obvious consideration that has been around for over 2 decades since 2G we are now in 5G.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it won't alter mine. EE have made a mistake her and I hope they reconsider. Or they will lose more customers. Maybe they don't care, but it seems foolish to me.

I have been able to use this during lockdown with my Mum and Grandmother (who has alzheimers and is blind) at the same time to still have group chats and coordinate her care. This has suddenly stopped working which means we won't be able to do this as my Grandmother won't be able to put a code in. 

Is there any way of getting this back? I pay a lot for my contract and this was one of the most useful things during lockdown with older family members who I care for.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RachelLees,,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Sorry, the merge call function is no longer available.

Have you looked at using one of the many apps available for group calling?

James