cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with data roaming

LIZA2727
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I bought a sim local pack with unlimited minutes, texts and 50gb of data. I have then travelled to Iceland. The roaming was working for the first 10 days however it has now stopped working. I have been on the phone to EE all day and they can't find a reason as to why my data isn't working. I have tried ROAMEU1D and ROAMEU7D and I get the error "I'm sorry you aren't eligible for this add on." My account says that I have data available. Roaming is active on my phone. The only way I can get data is by paying £3 for 500mb which is nothing. I have been told that I should be able to access my full data pack however for some reason I cant. Tech support from EE haven't been able to resolve the issue. Has anyone had this issue or know a fix? Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@LIZA2727 : Did you use that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network before they can be used abroad. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes I used it in the UK for 3 days before coming to Iceland. 

Do you still have an active pack? Not having 1 would make you ineligible for the PAYG roaming add-ons.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
LIZA2727
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I am having the same issue. I bought my sim at Heathrow and it went down yesterday in Iceland. I believe it's an internal issue from EE. I spent hours yesterday on the phone. (6 calls ans multiple emails to my call operator and it hasn't been resolved). Very frustrating and no resolution has been found. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LIZA2727 

Thanks for coming here. 

Did you use the SIM in the UK to make a call or send a text before travelling? 

Are you unable to add the roaming add-on when texting 150? 

Leanne.

I’ve been told via private message that a team are looking into it for me and are unable to provide a time frame when I can’t activate roaming even after adding £10 to my account. Honestly such poor service when it is leaving customers stranded overseas. 

Yes used for a week before travelling to iceland. If I text ROAMEU1D OR ROAMEU7D I get the error that I am not eligible for the add on. My operator from ee changed my plan from Sim Local to £20 subscription pack but it did not work. I still have no access to data abroad. It suddenly went down yesterday after working fine for 10 days in iceland which leads me to believe that its something from EEs end. My account has the pack plus 70gb of data available. 

Yes I was stranded yesterday and had not means of googling where to go. Iceland is very rural and I had to rely on speaking to locals for directions. Plus I spent about 3 hours either trying to call or on the phone to them to no avail. Really ruined my day. Now facing the prospect of another travel day today without data which will be stressful as I am travelling alone 😔 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @LIZA2727 

I have sent you a private message for some extra details. 

Leanne.