cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU ROAMING and Spend Cap

MoF1
Visitor

I just want to clarify my situation. I’m going abroad (in the EU), my phone is set up for roaming and I have a £0 spend cap. I’m aware it’s £2.29 per day for EU roaming and I want to use this. However, will my £0 spend cap prevent me from using roaming abroad. 

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Your phone will still be able to "roam" in the strict sense - of connecting to a foreign network. It will be able to receive texts which is free globally.

Any usage which is chargeable and/or triggers the daily charge, will not work with a £0 spend cap - this means sending text messages or any received or dialled call.

You will need to increase your spend cap in order to use your phone abroad.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, your £0 spend cap will prevent any roaming other than receiving texts.

You should bump up your spend cap to accommodate the £2.29 daily charge for as many days as you'll be away  if you want to roam fully.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)