cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing so person calling hears music instead of "ring ring"

GarethHollis
Explorer

Hi, someone suggested I change my settings so that when people call me, they hear one of my Christmas songs instead of the generic "ring ring".

I have looked through my phone settings to no avail so was wondering if I would need to do it through EE themselves? Or maybe I need to download an app?

Any help would be appreciated, 

Thanks and Merry Christmas 🎅

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@GarethHollis : On most phones you can change ring tone for incoming calls, but you can't change the dial tone when calling out. That is generated by the network.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The ringtone that people calling you hear, is set by the network. The service you want was offered by Orange in the distant past, but is not something EE have ever provided.

dial ring tone when calling out

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The first line of the first post in this thread asked about "so that when people call me, they hear" - that refers to incoming calls.

The answer is the same in either case - ringtones generated for the calling party are network-generated.

@bristolian wrote:

The first line of the first post in this thread asked about "so that when people call me, they hear" - that refers to incoming calls.

No, it doesn't! For "they" it is an outgoing call. For you maybe it is an incoming call but you are not hearing what they hear.

Your interpretation is evidently different to mine, but it makes no difference to the OP seeking assistance - for the answer is the same in both cases.

I used to have the James Bond tune playing to people when they called me instead of the ring ring. I would love to get something like this again. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Morriarty 

This is something that I remember from the Orange days, they were called Calling Tunes. This isn't something that we have anymore.

Chris