Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls from certain numbers

domhankinson
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

hope someone can help. I am having trouble receiving calls from certain numbers, specifically my wife and a friend at work. Both constantly get call failed / no such number when they try to call. Others have complained of the same. I have only been with the network for just over a week but the same problem was occurring on my previous contract with a different handset with Asda mobile (also using EE network). This isn’t therefore sim or handset related. 

Had a frustrating 40 min chat session yesterday with EE - going round in circles only to be told that the “systems were down” and to try later. I insisted on this being escalated but have heard nothing back.

This is a serious matter as my wife needs to be able to contact me in case of emergency due to personal reasons.

I switched from Asda specifically because of this problem thinking a change to a reputable network and a change of handset (to iPhone X) would solve this issue.

any help would be appreciated but please kindly note that this is NOT phone or sim related as both have been changed recently. It appears to be network related or a specific issue with the routing of calls to my number.

In researching  this Online I have read of others having similar problems on virgin network (also EE service).

Was hoping for better support from EE if I’m being honest

thanks in advance 

35 REPLIES 35
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @lamsi888 

Glad it's sorted.

James

I have a similar issue. My partner who is with Three, is unable to call my EE number and gets the message ‘the number you have called is not recognised’. Plenty of other people are able to call me.

please share if you have a solution.

Christopher_G

Hi @Astrococo

Welcome to the community.

Has your partner's number accidentally made its way to the block list on your phone?

What kind of phone do you have?

Chris

Hi I have checked and my partner’s number is not blocked. I have removed the contact, which didn’t make a difference and added it again, still no luck.
My phone is an iPhone 6s.

Astrid
Christopher_G

OK thanks, @Astrococo.

Can your partner call other EE numbers?

Chris

@domhankinson 

Have had exactly the same problem between Lebara and Lyca, and your tip to switch to 4G just fixed it for me! Thank you.