cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry your call cannot be continued" message.

Denzilwise
Explorer

Hi

I am currently in Spain and have an active roaming pass. I am unable to make any calls to the UK and get the message "Sorry your call cannot be continued". I have been in Spain for four weeks with no previous issues and have tried restarting my phone. I am unable to call 150 or the other freephone EE number as I get the same message. It's ridiculous, any help would be very much appreciated as I can't call back to the UK and am paying for a service that I am not getting. Thank you very much.  

6 REPLIES 6
Plymouthbloke1
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sounds like you don’t have the international dialling bar lifted on your account. Just having the pass doesn’t mean it’ll work - calling from Spain to the UK is classed as international dialling even though it’s included in your pass….. you can do online chat or call EE from someone else’s phone and they’ll sort it for you - 00447953966250 is the number you’ll need. (Also, make sure your spend cap is more than £20)

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you're within the EU and have an active roaming pass, your charges for EU-usage are already covered so the spend cap shouldn't necessarily be an issue.

This is easily proven either way, by manually searching for, and selecting, an alternative local network. It's standard troubleshooting in any roaming scenario, and if the issue is being caused by an EE billing issue, it will affect you regardless of local operator.

@Plymouthbloke1 : No, you've got it backwards. International Calling is from a UK no. to a non-UK no. The OP is roaming!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Plymouthbloke1
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, I know they are roaming… however you still need to have the international calling bar removed in order to call back to the UK.

I know this for two reasons. Firstly my daughter’s phone had the same issue last year in Tenerife. I called CS from my phone and explained she couldn’t call the UK but could receive calls OK. I suggested the international call bar and they said that wouldn’t fix it. To prove I was right, I called a local Spanish number and that connected OK (because it was a local call). So I asked them again to remove the international call bar and Hey Presto - it immediately fixed the issue!

Secondly, I used to work at EE in customer service and I used to encounter this problem all the time. Removing the international bar fixed the issue every time.

Many thanks everyone. I called EE from a spanish mobile and they changed a few settings (including checking international call bar at my request) and all seems to be sorted. They couldn't tell me which issue it might have been but it seems to be a strong coincidence on the international call ban!  They have agreed to call me back tomorrow to check all is still okay. Thank you all for your help, really appreciated. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Denzilwise 

Have an amazing time in Spain. 

Leanne 🙂