cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barring calls from 0843 numbers

Wayla
Investigator
Investigator

I receive a lot of nuisance calls from 0843 numbers, which I have to bar individually. I am registered with tps service which is useless. I would like to be able to bar all incoming 0843 calls.

Never return a call to an 0843 number as these are always outside of call packagesand will be expensive.

54 REPLIES 54
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Try putting just "0843" in your blocked nos. & see if that works.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
I tried that some time ago. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Thanks.

Wayla

I tried putting 0843 as a blocked number, but it doesn't work. Is there such a thing as a wildcard character?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wayla,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Sorry, I don't think there is any way to block entire number ranges.

James

Rada
Explorer

This is something I really need as well. Calls from 0843 numbers are becoming more and more frequent. The worst part is they only ring for 5 secs, I believe it to be a con so you ring the premium rate number back.. £3 from returning 2 calls for like a minute. This is also happening at my Nan's place who's in her 90's. Surely there are laws against this?

@Rada : No way!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Wayla
Investigator
Investigator
There is a partial solution.

Settings/ Phone/ Silence Unknown Callers/ On

This sends any caller who is not on your contact list to "Messaging"
My recorded message is "Leave a message. If you are on my contact list, I will return the call. If you don't leave a message, I won't"
If in doubt, consult the website "Who Called" which may tell you if its a spam number. For good measure, you can bar the number and delete from the "Recent Calls" list.
But you must ensure your Contacts list is complete, including numbers like your local NHI, etc.

Wayla
suzie9
Explorer

Hi , August 2021, did anybody every find a way to block 0843 numbers ?  I get them every day, have done for years, every time i block that one, and the next etc, they ring for seconds and hang up but these seconds are adding up on my bill !!   HELP PLS

If you have an iphone go to Settings/ Phone/ Silence Unknown Callers.

This will send to Messaging a call from any number not on your contact list. Make sure your contact list is complete and includes numbers like your GP, etc. If you miss a call you didn't want to miss, add that number to your Contacts. My message tells callers that if they don't leave a message I won't return their call. I put any subsequent 0843 numbers on my blocked list and delete the number from recent calls list.