cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120 minutes / 250 texts from anywhere

Roopster
Investigator
Investigator

I’m going to India and I was going to buy these two add ons.

The EE website / app says these include calling / texting UK numbers from anywhere.

However there is no mention of calling or texting local India numbers (whilst roaming in India). But searching on this forum has produced results that do say that local India numbers are included in these minutes and texts.

And would receiving voicemail messages count within these minutes? (And calling voicemail to retrieve them?)

thank you

Can anyone from EE confirm if this is correct?

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Roopster I’m not sure about receiving but calling it would.    You also need to activate roaming before you leave the UK you do this by texting ROAM to 150 

Thanks Chris. Are you referring to calling Indian phone numbers?

Or the part of my question about calling Voicemail?

Roopster
Investigator
Investigator

I called customer services and to be honest they were completely confused. 
First they said the only option for India was the daily data add on.

After I insisted this add on did cover India they eventually agreed that it does. They sent me a text that says “YMWLD120?Minutes?£26.10?120 minutes to call within the country you're travelling to; or to make or receive calls from UK mobiles and landlines from anywhere (excluding Europe Zone). This does not work if the customer is in the UK, a calling abroad add-on will need to be bought.”

So I think the answer to my question of whether calls to India (whilst in India) are covered is ‘yes’?

But the app / website only talks about the calls to / from UK numbers and omits the “call within the country you're travelling to” part!

There are literally no terms & conditions that I can find online for this add on…

Looking at the https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/roaming/roaming-costs/countries/india roaming costs page you will find "See available add-ons" includes :

60 Minutes from Anywhere     £13.03 Monthly 

Make 60 minutes of calls a month from anywhere. Includes back to the UK and the country you’re in.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

100 Texts from Anywhere    £7.82 Monthly

Send up to 100 text messages from anywhere within a month. Includes back to the UK and the country you’re travelling in.

I expect the same applies to 120 minutes / 250 texts from anywhere.

Other than the above I find it impossible to find any EE help docs fully specifying these add-ons.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you. It’s interesting that that link only mentions making calls & sending texts. Not receiving. And doesn’t even list the 120 minute and 250 text options.

Why doesn’t EE just put all of the information together rather than have missing bits in each place? It’s not that hard surely!

Where did you find about the 120 minute and 250 text from Anywhere options?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

 On the App under the Roaming Add Ons. 

IMG_0402.jpeg

IMG_0403.jpeg

Roopster
Investigator
Investigator

IMG_0405.png

And just to make it’s more nonsensical, there is no “60 minutes from anywhere” option! Just a 30 mins or 120 mins option.