Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new masts or sharing masts ?

kcurrie65
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi EE

I am curious ( I get annoyed at the TV adverts) best network and all that and landing planes - but where do us users get any info on where new masts are going and when ? and I have asked in the past but in rural locations like mine now that the few EE masts around me (one 4 miles east of me and one 4 miles west of me  are being updated to 5G I am seeing slower speeds and less coverage, so 5G upgrades sounds good looks good on TV but is it really all good news ? How pro active are EE being in filling the gaps in rural areas and who updates the customers ? I know this sounds like a whinge and perhaps it is? but I do feel as more "network upgrades" happen service does seem to be worse now in rural areas that had Okish service on 4G worse to non exsistent 

Thanks for listening

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

New network rollout & capacity/tech additions to existing sites are not publicly announced, the first notice that end users often get is the improved service on your phone. The coverage checker tends to then be updated retrospectively.

5G-phones will tend to prefer a perceivably weaker 5G-layer over a 4G-one with better indicated coverage - the selection criteria also depends on which bands are in use. All of this may explain your observations on coverage getting worse.

kcurrie65
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks.