cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my mobile connection so slow?

Slowered
Investigator
Investigator

I just got a Pay as you go SIM card of EE a few days ago, and it is just unbelievably slow.

I checked my speed is 0.64 mbps download and 0.56 upload. I have tried restarting my mobile, but nothing. I can't even browse google without spending a lifetime waiting for results.

My brother has pay as you go vodafone and is like 10 times faster. I have a foreign SIM that connects to O2 and gives 3.01 mbps which is slow but I still can at least browse half-decently.

I got EE as it appeared first on the mobile networks, and so I thought their connection was best in my area. I live in S66 Maltby Rotherham South Yorkshire.

Any ideas what I can do short of changing provider? I still have 14 GBs of data left, I have just used 300 mbs as it is just about impossible to do anything.

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Slowered

Welcome to the community. 

Have you been able to check your area using the Network Status Checker? this will show any known issues or planned maintenance work.

Speak soon, 

Katie

Slowered
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, many thanks for your quick reply. Just used the tool, and I have been told that my coverage should be great outdoors and good indoors, but there is some Service problem in the area. Any idea when this could be over, if means some repair is to be done to the local antennas, or a whole new complex process is to happen in the future?

James_B

Hi @Slowered,

Did the status checker give you an estimated fix date?

James

Slowered
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, no, just that it will take some time, as if in quite some time. I am getting now daily a SMS saying that it will take longer than expected.

James_B

Hi @Slowered,

I'm sorry that there isn't an estimated fix date at the moment.

We'll continue to keep you updated via text message.

James

Slowered
Investigator
Investigator

Still dead slow and no updates today. Any information on what is the problem and when it might be solved? I can't work on this speeds, even on the most basic browsing.

James_B

Hi @Slowered,

Your text updates will continue to send you the most up to date information on the issue in your area.

When an estimated fix date is available, you'll be the first to know.

James

Slowered
Investigator
Investigator

It's been a week without updates, and 19 days since I bought the SIM card, and the problem is still there (shows it when you check status). I am going to change provider because this is absurd. Paid 15 GBP for no service at all, and now I will have to do all the hassle of transferring phone number as I gave the number to my bank.

No idea what is the problem but obviously nothing is being done about it to solve it.

Leanne_T

Hi @Slowered 

I am sorry this is taking time to fix the problem in the area.

As soon as the network team have an update, you will receive further details via the contact method you registered. 

Leanne.