cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Zscaler with an EE Sim and router

DaveVorberg
Investigator
Investigator

I have added an EE sim to a Spitz AX  router(GL-X3000) to access internet from home. Our broadband is slow at about 8 meg.

Doing speed tests or on laptops / pcs mobiles phones via the router we are getting upwards of 40meg download which is great.

My other half works from home and her laptop uses ZScaler as an authentication system to connect to work network.

Her laptop speedtests only give about 8 meg download, so I am assuming there is an issue with using Zscaler. We don't have admin access to do any checking on her laptop as the IT department have locked everything down. 

Has anyone else come across the same issue?

Dave

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DaveVorberg 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Has your partner spoken to there employer's helpdesk to see if anyone else has had a similar problem?

They may be aware of a fix for the slow speeds or can report this to Zscaler. 

Leanne.

Not yet, that is our next port of call. They use an external IT company, and response speed is not very good.

Leanne_T

I see @DaveVorberg 

If every other device works fine and this only happens when using Zscaler this would need to be reported to the IT helpdesk. 

Leanne.

The IT department suggest that we speak with our ISP. Not having admin access we cannot check on configuration on the Zscaler side.

I have read that some ISPs set lower speeds on DTLS and faster speeds on TLS, which could be the issue.

Would that be the case here.?  Sorry I'm not technical enough to know what the above means. 

Dave

Leanne_T

Hi @DaveVorberg 

As far as I am aware all speeds should be the same, to get this looked into in more detail you can contact our technical support team who can run some troubleshooting. 

Leanne.

Zscaler is built on TLS 

your issue here will be more likely to do with the subcloud configuration within your orgs Zscaler config.

for example when authenticating against the Zscaler cloud which Zscaler data centre / region is your device connecting to ? It can make all the difference if you are in UK yet connecting to Germany for example.

also does your IT dep throttle down the bandwidth on vpn connections ? 

Could be a few things tbh