cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to hear people on calls

Ranger03
Explorer

For the last two weeks I have not been able to hear anyone on my mobile. Incoming call rings but then I can't hear the caller but the caller can hear me. Similar with outgoing calls, it rings my end I don't know when they have answered it, but they can hear me I can't hear them. There are at least four other people I know who have had the same issue. I have been into local EE shop and they have reset my phone(whatever that involved) it then worked once on an outgoing call but not since for either outgoing or incoming. Is anyone else having these issues?  

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Is this a permanent loss of audio on calls, or does it come and go in a transitory fashion?

Are you able to use mobile data whilst on calls?

Do you have any issues using your phone's speaker for any other functions?

Apart of when I was in the EE shop and he reset the settings? I was able to make a call as usual, but since then I'm not able to hear the other person on a call, whether I'm phoning out or receiving a call. As I said previously other people in my area are having the same problem. I can receive and send texts.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ranger03 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Does this happen in more than one area? 

Do we have any known problems showing for your area on the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker if you enter your postcode and select 'check status'? 

Leanne. 

@Ranger03 wrote:

other people in my area are having the same problem. I can receive and send texts

All affected users should use the "report a problem" link on the status web-check tool - https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-coverage-checker 

There is an option on the resulting web-form for in-call audio issues