Terminate

tattybags
Investigator
Investigator

I am only receiving one bar of signal on my wifi sometimes no bar at all.  It is causing my lifeline to not operate all the time and many calls on my phone to have to be abandoned.  It will cause problems when lifeline shortly upgrades.  I have been given a signal booster box but it has made no difference.  I would like to try a different provider but I'm only 3 months into my new contract and cannot afford to pay £400 + to terminate early.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You've referred to having limited WiFi coverage, but that's an in-home issue caused by your mobile device being too far from the broadband router.

What is the signal booster box you mention? Is this an additional wireless pod or repeater? Or something else?

If this is an in-home wireless issue, it will affect whichever broadband provider you use.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@tattybags wrote:

I am only receiving one bar of signal on my wifi sometimes no bar at all. 

Then you're probably too far from the router you are connecting to or on the wrong WiFi band. Or do you mean your mobile signal? WiFi is just the signal within your premises provided by some router, not by EE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You've referred to having limited WiFi coverage, but that's an in-home issue caused by your mobile device being too far from the broadband router.

What is the signal booster box you mention? Is this an additional wireless pod or repeater? Or something else?

If this is an in-home wireless issue, it will affect whichever broadband provider you use.