cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is it just me or is ee phone signal poor

Circuitcnc
Investigator
Investigator

We have 4 different mobile phones all on EE with very poor signal , I have checked coverage checker and it says all ok. My one is for my business and I think I will have to move from EE,  does seem to have been since BT took over. Is there a number I  can call about this.

9 REPLIES 9
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Are you only having problems in one particular location, @Circuitcnc?

Is in an indoor coverage issue or outdoors?

James

It’s indoors at home , used to be ok but know it only ever shows one bar. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Do you have WiFi Calling turned on in your phone's settings, @Circuitcnc?

James

@Circuitcnc wrote:

It’s indoors at home..it only ever shows one bar. 

Do you have any service issues when using your phone indoors at home?

The on-screen bars are only a rough guide, different phones can often give different "numbers of bars" for the exact same signal. In crude terms, a bar is still a bar.

I pay EE for a service I should not need to put wifi calling on, never been an issue but we get a poor service when calling and get cut off.

We get poor service when calling and get cut off, also on 5G it takes forever to connect. The reason I say 1 bar is because on the same phone it used to be all the bars, something has changed.

@Circuitcnc wrote:

I pay EE for a service I should not need to put wifi calling on

WiFi-calling is an integral part of EE's service, no MNO will ever provide 100% national indoor coverage thus operators provide for all radio technologies to be used in tandem.

I am trying to find out what has changed to make the service so bad, telling me to use wifi calling is not answering the question.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you have familiarity with the radio stack and suitable Android apps, you may be able to identify potential causes.

Otherwise you should report your issues to EE CS for further investigation, they will likely require 3 examples of failed or dropped calls in a short time period.

WiFi-calling is an excellent mitigation for indoor coverage issues whenever they occur.