cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is it just me or is ee phone signal poor

Legotrooper
Explorer

So been with EE 5 weeks. First couple of weeks fine but then an issue in our area caused some work to be done. Since this work has completed my signal is awful. It shows 2 bars but when I try and make a call those bars disappear and it says not registered on ee network. 

I've been to 2 stores and spent hours on the phone to EE with no help. Currently doing a 72hr call log for them which is hilarious as I can't make any calls. Anybody that calls me it goes straight to answer phone. To say I'm not impressed is an understatement. I thought o2 were bad but this is something else. 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Are you using Android or Apple? Good tests would be whether these calls failures are occuring when VoLTE is active.

Android has an on-screen indication, Apple has a menu option.

Hey, thanks for reply.

So I looked into VoLTE and that was switched off. Once on I could make and receive calls no problem again. This was never discussed with any EE agent in store or through Customer Services. The 2nd Level agent was very helpful but also never mentioned this during our calls. Does it need to be active to make calls? If so I guess there's a level of people who aren't familiar with this technology needing to be active to make calls.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

VoLTE is the technology underpinning 4G-calling. With 3G coverage now being off, any non-VoLTE device will use 2G for voice calls - in addition, VoLTE enables access to EE's low-band "extended range" 4G coverage for which it is a requirement.

The lack of VoLTE will still provide a basic voice service, but having it enabled is far preferable.