cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot receive calls at all

Profile closed
Not applicable

I have exacly the same problem.  I can't receive any phone call from anyone. I tried multiple things like restating my phone, taking the sim out, putting it to a different phone, and checking the network setting. Nothing help. It's been a month. 

I had this sim for years, and I really don't want to change my phone number. 

Trying to connect with ee technical support is a nightmare. 

I received this message from them after I tried to get in touch with them for an hour. 

"Hi from EE. We tried to call back but couldn't get hold of you. If you still need help, please text RETRY to 150, and one of the team will try again. Thanks."

I just wanted to speak with actual human where I can explain the problem and potentially get help.  It appears like even their tech support cannot call me on this number. 

It's very frustrating because I'm still paying for the service but the issue is making the phone almost useless. 

At this point I'm not sure what else I can do.  Phoning 150 is pointless as well. You can speak with anyone regarding upgrades, sales, contract or billing issues, but when it comes down to problem like this you are relying on this messaging service that proves to be useless. 

"Hi from EE. We haven't found any issues with your network at EH329HS.

However, we can still offer technical support. Reply NETWORK if you can't make or receive calls or texts. Reply DATA if you can't access the internet or have data problems."

"Thanks for reporting your service problem, a reference number is on its way. We'll be in touch with an update within 48 hours.

If you still need further technical support, please reply FAULT ADVISOR to receive a callback from a UK based Tech Guru within 10 mins or reply FAULT CHECK to check another post code."

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Post moved to a new thread - when you put your SIM into another phone, did that phone also not receive any calls when you tested? How many test calls did you make?

What phones are you using, and is VoLTE/4G-calling enabled on them? Is this problem specific to one location or is it generalised? Do you have any issues making outbound calls?

Profile closed
Not applicable

Even with another phone I still don't receive call. I tried it with an old phone a week ago. A couple of call were made. It always says that the number is not valid. I'm using samsung galaxy note 20. VoLTE/4G-calling is enabled. It doesn't matter where I am I can't receive calls. I can phone others from my phone, but they can't phone me. I can still receive and send  texts. 

I have no idea what the issue might be. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

If the same happens with the SIM in another phone we would need to get this looked into for you, please call us on 150 and our tech guides will be happy to help. 

Leanne 🙂

@Profile closed , you can also call customer service for free using something like Skype or another phone:

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.