Re: No network

Jon83
Investigator
Investigator

Same issue since yesterday evening. Was working again for a period this morning before going back down again. I'm in Motherwell, near Glasgow. 

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Jon83 

Do we have any maintenance or problems reported if you enter your postcode and select 'check status' on the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker

Leanne.

Jon83
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

According to the link, there is good coverage in my area. However, the link below suggests there are problems for others too. 

https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/ee/2642135-motherwell-north-lanarkshire-scotland-united-kingdo...

Thanks,

Jon

Leanne_T

Hi @Jon83 

If you select 'check status' on the coverage checker, this will show any reported problems and you can register for updates once we have further information. 

Leanne.

It stills says no issues. I've reported the problem, however hard to imagine this isn't part of a wider problem, at least in this part of Scotland. 

Jon83
Investigator
Investigator

Just as an update - my connectivity has returned, for now at least

Leanne_T

Thanks for reporting this and letting me know @Jon83 

The report will be looked into by our network team. 

Leanne.

@Jon83 wrote:

It stills says no issues. I've reported the problem, however hard to imagine this isn't part of a wider problem

What makes you think this is a wider issue? The vast majority of "I've lost coverage" issues are caused by temporary single site outages. In rural locations there isn't always overlap with neighbouring sites.

I mean it isn't something just affecting my phone. I've already shown others have reported issues elsewhere. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Site outages cause a loss of service to any phone normally served from that site if there's no overlapping coverage from other sites.

Independent "is my service working" websites are often extremely vague and their results can often be treated with a pinch of salt with anything other than widespread national issues.