cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bad signal indoor but it said good signal after the Internet coverage

KHM_86
Visitor

Having the same problem. I can hardly access the internet indoors, and the speed test showed 2-3mbps when using it inside my house. My flat is on the ground floor. When tested near the main entrance door inside the building, which is just 3 metres from my flat door, it showed 70-80mbps.  If it is outdoor, it can reach a maximum of 100mbps. Of course, the network coverage showed good coverage indoors and outdoors. 

Is wifi-calling the only fix available? I am on unlimited data monthly payment. And not getting a signal inside my flat is upsetting.  If the signal at the main entrance door is tested to be okay, how can it drop to about ten times in my flat, which is only 3 metres apart? So puzzling.      

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

4G is operated across different frequency bands, which have different coverage & performance characteristics.

It sounds like you may have access to multiple carriers outside, but only single ones inside. Or maybe only 800Mhz inside, that's possible too.

mandybandme
Explorer

Yes, I am so mad about it. This doesn't make any sense. They should provide the service and no one are able to reply me to fix such problem. If this is a basement, I do think this makes sense, but I am at the 2 floor and I stand just next to the window and it drops to one bar with one step. Is that mean I can't get any call if my phone 2 steps away from the window. 

@mandybandme  what’s the signal like outside?  And can you use Wi-Fi calling when indoors?   EE or any other network can not guarantee a signal indoors as building can block signals. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The very nature of radio coverage means that 100% service is unlikely to ever be achieved by a single operator, and is why no one network will guarantee service in specific locations.

The only true remedy to a poor signal is to improve that signal, but if that were always so simple then you'd have the secret to 100% national indoor coverage!

WiFi-calling is the recommended mitigation to indoor coverage issues, and does allow continued & seamless use of your phone between VoWiFi & VoLTE (4G-voice)